Sunday, May 29, 2011

"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence." -Leopold Stokowski

Last night was my last performance in the Cal Poly Symphony. I realize I have already made a post about my love of the violin, but this is for all the years I have been performing.
"The symbol of an orchestra, the violin has a well deserved first place among the string instruments and not only those but among musical instruments in general. As the old saying reveals" the older the violin, the sweeter the music", the concept is not far from the truth, on the contrary it is indeed confirmed that the older violins do have an even better sound."

"I started in elementary school. I tried clarinet first since my mom had played it but I didn't like it. When I tried the violin it was like, 'Wow, this is fun.' It's like my passion. I love playing the violin."-Eric Vargas


"The raw wood of a sawed off tree was turned, stripped, and varnished into a traveling violin that could only squeal in carnival colors."-Grace Slick
"She is a delightful and witty woman who can make her violin cry, whisper,sing and put chills up and down your spine."-Donna Goggin
"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."-June Masters Bacher
"I occasionally play works by contemporary composers and for two reasons. First to discourage the composer from writing any more and secondly to remind myself how much I appreciate Beethoven."-Jascha Heifetz
"Violin playing is a physical art with great traditions behind it."-Vanessa Mae
"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on."
-Samuel Butler
"If we were all determined to play the first violin we should never have an ensemble. therefore, respect every musician in his proper place."-Robert Schumann
"If you take a violin, you can make it sound 50 different ways. Not just pizzicato and played by the bow, but ponticello, and harmonics, and tremolos. If you take an oboe and play it, there's about one way you can make it sound: like an oboe."-John Corigliano
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?"
-Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment